Directorate Of Technical Education,
3, MAHAPALIKA MARG, POST BOX NO. 1967, MUMBAI-400 001.
PH:(022) 2264 1150/51, FAX:22692102
Telegram: Edutech E-Mail:firstname.lastname@example.org
Directorate Of Technical Education Website :Â www.dte.org.in
DTE MBA/MMS ADMISSION NOTIFICATION
Submission of Online www.dte.org.in Option/Preference Form for CAP Round-I, II & III and the CounsellingÂ Round of Admission (CAP Round-IV) of the Centralized Admission Process (CAP) for theÂ Academic Year 2010-11
This Notification is being issued only for those eligible candidates (whose names are appeared in the Final
Merit of MBA/MMS/PGDBM/PGDM) to be admitted to seats available for respective CAP rounds of admission in
First Year of Post Graduate Degree courses in MBA/MMS/PGDBM/PGDM in the institutes participating in
the CAP for the academic year 2010-11.
The Candidates who are eligible (as per rule no. 2.1, 2.2 & 2.3 mentioned in the information brochure) for
admission to First Year of Two Year Full Time Post Graduate Degree Courses in MBA/MMS/PGDBM/PGDM are
required to submit the Online Option Form for various CAP rounds on website www.dte.org.in/mba throughÂ their login ID. Candidates are required to submit and confirm the online option form by himself/herselfÂ (candidates are not required to go to ARC for verifying & confirming online option form). OnceÂ the candidate confirms his/her Option/preference form online through his/her Login ID for the respectiveÂ admission rounds, will not be able to change the option/preference submitted under any circumstances.
Separate lists of candidates eligible to participate in each of CAP Round II, III & IV, will be published on the
website as per schedule and shall be subject to the ‘Rules of Reporting’ set out in the Annexure-I of the
- Candidates are required to pay Rs.50/- in cash as a facilitation fee for each of CAP Round I, II and III
at ARC if the facilitation of ARC is availed by the candidate for submitting the online option form.
- Candidates are required to pay Rs.100/- in cash as a processing fee for CAP Round IV (Counselling
Round) at the Counselling Centre.
- Procedure for Filling up of the Online Option/Preference Form for CAP Round-I, CAP Round-II and
CAP Round-III, through Candidate’s Login and Reporting to the allotted institutes after allotment is
given in information brochure. Candidates are advised to read these instructions carefully.
- All the candidates except Backward Class Category of Maharashtra Sate are required to pay full fees
as approved by the Government for Govt./Govt. Aided/ University Department/University Managed
institutions and as approved by Shikshan Shulka Samitee for unaided institution at the time of
confirming the admission in the allotted Institute. (Refer Rule 9.0 and 9.1)
- Admission Round by counselling i.e. CAP Round-IV: Only MS candidates whose names have appeared
in the list of candidates eligible to participate in the CAP Round-IV, are required to report in person at
the following Centre of Admission as per the schedule:
Department of Management Sciences,
University of Pune, (PUMBA)
Phone no.- (020) 25693380
Note: Candidate who will be offered admission in CAP Round-IV, is required to confirm the said
admission on the spot by paying part payment of fee Rs.15,000/- in the form of DD drawn on “The
Director, Technical Education” payable at Mumbai which is non refundable. Candidates are required to report to the respective institute as per the schedule.
Provisional Schedule of activities for CAP Round-I, II& III (by allotment) and CAP Round-IV (by Counselling)
For Detailed Schedule visit website www.dte.org.in/mba
1. Display of revised sanctioned intake of existing Institutes, Seat Distribution and new Institutes along with their Choice codes onÂ website. 12/07/2010 at 5.00 pm
2.Submission and Confirmation of Online Option/Preference Form of CAP Round-I by eligible Maharashtra State and All India candidatesÂ through candidates Login through the web site. 13/07/2010 to 17/07/2010 up to 5.00pm.
3. Display of provisional allotment of CAP Round-I for Maharashtra State & All India Candidates on website. 20/07/2010 at 5.00 pm
4. Reporting to the institute as per allotment in CAP round-I by Maharashtra State candidates and All India candidates. 21/07/2010 to 24/07/2010
5. Display of seats available and list of Maharashtra State and All India candidates, eligible to participate in CAP Round-II, on website 27/07/2010 at 5.00 pm
6.Submission and Confirmation of Online Option/Preference Form of CAP Round-II by eligible Maharashtra State and All IndiaÂ candidates through candidates Login through the web site. 28/07/2010 to 31/07/2010 up to 5.00pm
7. Display of provisional allotment of CAP Round-II for Maharashtra State & All India Candidates on website 03/08/2010 at 5.00 pm.
8.Reporting to the institute as per allotment in CAP round-II by Maharashtra State candidates and All India candidates. 04/08/2010 06/08/2010
9. Display of seats available and list of Maharashtra State and All India candidates, eligible to participate in CAP Round-III, on web site 09/08/2010 at 5.00 pm
10.Submission and Confirmation of Online Option/Preference Form of CAP Round-III by eligible Maharashtra State and All IndiaÂ candidates through candidates Login through the website. 10/08/2010 to 12/08/2010 up to 5.00pm.
11. Display of provisional allotment of CAP Round-III for Maharashtra State & All India Candidates on website 14/08/2010 at 5.00 pm
12. Reporting to the institute as per allotment in CAP round-III by Maharashtra State candidates and All India candidates. 16/08/2010 18/08/2010
13.Display of available seats for CAP Round-IV and merit list of Maharashtra State candidates eligible to participate in CAP Round-Â IV (by counselling) on website. 20/08/2010 at 5.00 pm
14. Admission Round by counselling in person i.e. CAP Round-IV at PUMBA, Pune 24/08/2010 26/08/2010
15. Reporting by the candidates as per allotment of CAP Round-IV to the respective Institute 25/08/2010 27/08/2010
16. Commencement of classes 09/08/2010
17. Cut off date for all MBA/MMS/PGDBM/PGDM admissions 31/08/2010 Admission by Counseling for the J&K Migrant Candidates at SIMSREE Mumbai
1 Round of admission by counselling only for J&K Migrant Candidates 09/08/2010 10/08/2010
2 Reporting to the institute as per admission in Counselling by J & K Migrant candidates. 11/08/2010 13/08/2010
1. The Candidate has to submit and confirm the Online Option/preference Form for CAP Round I/II/III
through candidate login by himself/herself. It is not required to report to ARC for confirmation.
2. The ARC shall act only as facilitation centre for the Candidates to submit and confirm the Online
Option/Preference Form. It will be the responsibility of the candidate to submit and confirm the online Option form by himself/herself.
3. Candidate can modify preferences, add choices, delete choices before confirmation of the online
4. The Option/preference form just submitted, but not confirmed by the candidate himself/herself will
not be processed for allotment for respective CAP Rounds.
5. The Online Option/preference form once confirmed by the candidate will not be cancelled.
6. The online Option/preference form once confirmed by the candidate can not be
7. Candidate should keep the printout of the online option/preference form after confirmation by the
candidate for future reference.
8. All institutes will remain open between 11 am to 5 pm on all days of reporting.
9. The schedule displayed above is provisional and may change under unavoidable circumstances. The
revised schedule, if any, will be notified on website www.dte.org.in/mba. Please refer the website or
contact the office of the Joint Director of Technical Education, Regional Offices or ARCs or contact on
helpline numbers 022-30233444/5/6 for further information.
Directorate Of Technical Education Website : www.dte.org.in