Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC) Invites Application From B.Sc / M.Sc (Chemistry as principal and Physics/ Mathematics/ Statistics/ Biology as subsidiary subjects)/Diploma / Licentiate in Mechanical / Chemical / Instrumentation / Electronics / Electrical Engg. / Information Technology / Metallurgy / Telecommunication Candidates In 2010
Applications are invited for the following post for training in BARC Mumbai/Tarapur/Kalpakkam:
Stipendary Trainees Category-I-Posts-201 (SC -36, ST -36, OBC – 83, PH-01 and UR-45)
Stipend: Rs. 9300/- p.m.
Age: 19 years Minimum and 24 years Maximum as on 01/05/2010.
Qualification for theÂ Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC) Job:
Minimum 60% marks in B.Sc.(Chemistry as principal and Physics/ Mathematics/ Statistics/ Biology as subsidiary subjects)/Diploma / Licentiate in Mechanical / Chemical / Instrumentation / Electronics / Electrical Engg. / Information Technology / Metallurgy / Telecommunication (3 years after SSC or 02 years after HSC/B.Sc./B.Sc. (Physics as principal and Mathematics/Statistics/ electronics/ Computer Science/ Chemistry as subsidiary subjects)/B.Sc. with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects (Physics subject in B.Sc. should be at least with equal weightage) and one year Diploma in Computer Science.
1. Those candidates who have passed M.Sc./Degree in Engg./AMIE/equivalent or appearing for M.Sc./Degree in Engg./AMIE/equivalent (final year) will not be considered, and hence need not apply.
2. Candidates with 60% marks in B.Sc. with Physics Chemistry and Maths as subjects with equal weightage will also be considered. However, they should clearly indicate their choice (Chemistry or Physics) in their Application forms. [(Applicable for Post No.1. 9(Chemistry) & 1.10(Physics)].
3. Mathematics at HSC (10+2) level is essential
The upper age prescribed above is relaxable as under:
1. Upto a maximum of five years if a candidate belongs to SC/ST category.
2. Upto a maximum of three years if a candidate belongs to OBC category.
3. Upto a maximum of 5 (five) years for candidates with disabilities (hearing impaired- Partially deaf) and Orthopedically handicapped (One Leg or One arm affected) applying for post No. 1.4 (Upto a maximum of ten years for SC/ST candidates and eight years for OBC candidates).
4. Relaxation in the upper age limit of 5 years shall be admissible to all persons who Had ordinarily been domiciled in kashmir division of the state of jammu & Kashmir During the period from the 1st day of january 1980 to 31st day of december, 1989 Provided that the relaxation in the upper age limit for appearing at any Examination shall be subject to the maximum number of chances permissible under the relevant rules. Certificate regarding proof of residence – any person intending to avail of this Relaxation of age limit admissible under rule 3 shall submit a certificate from:
(a) the dist. Magistrate in the kashmir division within those jurisdiction he had Ordinarily resided; or
(b) any other authority designated in this behalf by the government of jammu & Kashmir to the effect that he had ordinarily been domiciled in the kashmir division of the state of jammu & kashmir during the period from the 1st day of January, 1980 to the 31st day of december, 1989.
5. Relaxation in the upper age limit of 5 years shall be admissible to children/family members of those who died in the 1984 riots.
Option to answer either in English or Hindi will be given at written test and interview. Candidates should come prepared to stay in Mumbai for 2 to 3 days for the Written Test/Interview. Written Examination of one-hour duration will be conducted and will comprise of objective (multiple) type questions. The syllabus for the said examination will be based on subjects at Diploma/B.Sc. level as the case may be. Those candidates qualifying in the written Examination shall be short-listed for interview on the following day. Final selection and ranking will be on the basis of performance of the candidate in interview and no weightage will be given for marks scored in the written examination. The decision of this Research Centre in this regard is final.
Scope of Training:
Selected candidates will be given training at Tarapur / Kalpakkam/Mumbai & other places as decided by BARC in various aspects of relevant trades, as per prescribed syllabi of each trade and for meeting stringent requirements of BARC. The candidates will not have any choice/option for any particular training programme/training place.
Link For Application Form: http://www.barc.ernet.in/recruitment/vacancy18.pdf
Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC)Â How To Apply:
1. Application should be submitted in the proforma given overleaf.
2. Application should preferably be type written on thick foolscap paper (Size 34 CMSx22 CMS).
3. The Application and the outer cover should be superscribed as “Application for the post of Category I indicating Post No. ______ and discipline/Name of the Post ______________ against Advertisement No.03/2010-R-I.
4. Only one application should be submitted for one post. If candidate wishes to apply for more than one post (e.g. post No. 1.9, 1.10 & 1.11 (Physics, Chemistry and Computer Science), separate application should be submitted for each post. Those candidates who have submitted two separate applications for one post is liable to be rejected.
6. Persons working under the Central/State Govt./ Public Sector Undertaking should submit their applications through proper channel. They may, however, send one advance copy of the application along with enclosures as detailed above to the address given below.
7. Completed applications should be sent to the Deputy Establishment Officer (R-I), Bhabha Atomic Research Centre, Trombay, Mumbai-400 085 so as to reach not later than 15/07/2010.
8. Photograph: A recent passport size photograph should be affixed on the right hand top corner of the application. One additional copy of the passport size photograph should also be sent along with the application.
9. Envelope: A self addressed unstamped envelope in English and Hindi (size 110 x 200 mm.) should be attached to the application..
10. Copies of Certificates : Candidates should submit along with their application attested Single Copy of certificates of :
a) Educational qualifications/experience and technical qualifications (supported by appropriate mark sheets indicating the subjects offered at the examinations).
b) Date of birth/Proof of age.
c) SC/ST/OBC certificates in the prescribed proforma applicable to Central Government employment. OBC for the purpose of AGE RELAXATION AND RESERVATION will mean “persons of OBC categories not belonging to the Creamy Layer” as defined in Government of India, Department of Personnel & Training OM No.36012/22/93-Estt.(SCT) dated 08.09.93 and modified vide Government of India, Department of Personnel & Training OM No.36033/3/2004-Estt.(Res) dated 09.03.2004.
d) Disability Certificate from the appropriate authority regarding physical disability (applicable to persons with disability).
e) Proof of the effect that they have been affected by 1984 riots.
f) Certificate regarding domiciled in Kashmir Division from 01.01.1980 to 31.12.1989 (if claiming age relaxation for Kashmir Division).
Last Date To Apply: 15.7.2010
i. In case response is high, this Research Centre reserves the right to restrict the number of candidates to be called for written test, to higher percentage of marks in the requisite qualification and/or to conduct a screening test of the eligible candidates. The decision of the Research Centre will be final and binding.
ii. The vacancies shown above are provisional and subject to variation. The filling up of vacancies indicated in the advertisement is also subject to the approval of Competent Authority and may not be filled up if decided otherwise in terms of the orders issued from Government from time to time.
iii. The nature of duties to be performed by the above categories involve working in round the clock shift duties, in operational plants and areas.
iv. Period of experience as prescribed in the advertisement will be determined with reference to the last date of receipt of applications.
v. SC/ST candidates called for in interview which will be held in Mumbai will be paid Traveling Allowance as per rules. However, Traveling Allowance is not admissible to those SC/ST candidates who are already in Central/State Government services, Central/State Government Corporation, Public Undertakings, Local Government Institutions and Panchayats.
vi. Candidate may please note that out of 32 vacancies shown at Post No.1.1 (Mechanical Engg), approximately seven (7) vacancy each at Tarapur and Vizag and four (4) in Kalpakkam are available. Likewise, against 45 vacancies shown at Post No.1.2 (Chemical Engg.), approximately 26 and 15 vacancies are to be filled at Tarapur and Kalpakkam respectively. Out of eight vacancies shown at Post No.1.3 (Instrumentation), four and two posts are to be filled at Tarapur and Kalpakkam respectively. Six vacancies for Post No.1.5 (Electrical) will be filled at Vizag. Out of total vacancies shown at Post No.1.9 (Chemistry) and 1.10 (Physics), around 16 and 32 respectively pertains to Health Physics Laboratories/Units located at various parts of the Country and remaining vacancies of Chemistry and Physics is meant for BARC, Mumbai and its constituent Units located at Tarapur, Kalpakkam, Srinagar and Hyderabad. Candidates will be distributed to Health Physics Laboratories/Units and BARC, Mumbai and its constituent Units depending upon requirement. Candidates is required to indicate in the APPLICATION FORM his/her order of preference of place viz. Chemistry (Health Physics)/Physics(Health Physics) to be considered for Health Physics Laboratories/ Units and Chemistry/Physics other than HP to be considered for BARC and its constituent Units (Option I & II). Candidate may please note that, the placement for training will be according to their position in merit, caste category, order of preference for training and also subject to the availability of vacancy at respective Units. The candidates selected against this advertisement may please note that posting will be at the discretion of the Competent Authority and subject to the availability of vacancy and are likely to be posted at BARC, Mumbai, Tarapur, Kalpakkam, Vizag, Gulmarg/Srinagar, Gauribidanur, Trichy, Pune, Hyderabad etc. but are liable to serve in any part of India and in any constituent units of the Department of Atomic Energy. vii. This advertisement is available on BARC W
Bhabha Atomic Research Centre,
Trombay, Mumbai-400 085
Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC)Â Website : Â www.barc.gov.in