Maharashtra Election Commission – Voter List, Voter Registration & Photo Collection for Maharashtra Elections
Chief Election Officer (CEO) Maharashtra is getting ready for Elections in Maharashtra and Mumbai in the months ahead. Voter Lists for Mumbai and Maharashtra need to be updated, Voter Cards and Voter Registration in Mumbai and Maharashtra needs to be completed. Photo Identification cards need to be issued by the Election officers in Mumbai and Maharashtra.
Election Commission of India (ECI) has announced the following Schedule for Voters Registration and Photo Collection in all the 288 Assembly Constituencies of Maharashtra:
- Special photography campaign for nonphotos – photo electors in the roll-BLOs to visit house to house,collect Form-6 with photographs for inclusion of left out names and collect photographs of voters and without photographs in Form-8. 1st June to 15th June,2009.
- Photo merger in the electoral roll-The vendors would merge the Photographs collected in Form-8 and new
applicants accepted in form-6 in the database.15th June to 30th June,2009
- Integration of electoral rolls. All existing supplements to be integrated with mother rolls. 1st June to 30th June, 2009
- Draft publication of roll. 7th July,2009
- Period for filling claims and objections 7th July 2009 to 22nd July,2009
- Disposal of claims and objections by 5th August ,2009
- Preparation and printing of supplementary list by 20th August,2009
- Final publication on 25th August ,2009
Voters of Mumbai City, Mumbai Suburban, Thane Residing in Mumbai Metropolitan Region can drop completed “Form No.6,”Form No 8″ and EPIC 001-B forms in the Bill-Box across Churchgate to Virar, Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus(CST) to Badlapur / Shahada / Panvel Suburban Railway Stations. No
receipts of application will be provided for these forms dropped in Bill box.