19th University Entry Scheme (19 UES) for Permanent Commission in the Army July 2010-2011 [Aspring women studying in final year to join through SSC (T) Women may also apply through UES
The Indian Army is looking for a few good men. Applications are invited from unmrried male Engineering Degree students studying in Final Year or Pre-final year during academic session July 2007-2008 for Grant of Permanent Commission in the Army in all Arms/Service.
- Applications are invied from unmarried male Engineering Degree students studying in Final year or pre-final yearduring academic session July 2010-2011 for Grant of Permanent Commission in the Army in all Arms/Services.
- Final year candidates can exercise their option for following : (i) TGC – 111 (July 2010) terms and conditions will be same as applicable to regular TGC-111 course and SSC (T)-35 course (ii) SSC (T) – 35 (October 2010) terms and condition will b same as applicable to TGC-111 course and SSC (T)-35 course (iii) TGC- 113 (July 2011) terms and conditions will be same as applicable to regular TGC-113 course and SSC (T) – 37 course. (iv) SSC (T) – 37 (October 2011)
- Unmarried female candidates studying in final year can exercise heir option for SSC (T) W -6 only commencing in October-2010.
Vacancies : 60 posts (for UES) (Civil-8, Electrical-8, Mechanical-6, Computer Science-7, Telecom-8, Electronics-7, IT-3, Architecturer-3, Public Health Engineering -2, Construction Engineering -3, Industrial Engg. & Management -3, Mining-2)
- Age : Final Year Degree candidate - Not below 19 years and not over 25 years and for Pre-Final Year Degree Candidates – Not below 18 years and not over 24 years., TGC-111 – 20 to 27 years, TGC-113 – 20 to 27 years, SSC (Technical) Men -35 : 20-27 years, SSC (Technical) Men-37 : 20 – 27 year, SSC (Technical) Women -6 : 20 – 27 years.
- Physical Standard: As applicable to the regular army [Height-157.5 cm, For Gorkhas and individuals belongings to hills of North Easter region of India, Garhwal and Kumaon, the minimum height will be 5 cm less. For candidates from Lakshadweep the height will be reduced by 2 cms.
- Pay Scale : The Indian Army offers an integrated Rs. 8250-300-10050 with DA
How to Apply: Apply on the plain paper as per the prescribed format. The envelope (white) containing the application should be Superscribed in Red ink indicating clearly the branch of Engineering applied for i.e ‘ Applicaitons for 19 UES Entry : ……… Engineering. Send your application so as to reach respective Command HQ at the following address on or before 31 Jul 2009. Two unstamped self addressed envelop to receive an interview call letter should also be enclosed with the application.
- HQ Northern Command (A Branch), C/o 56 APO – for students studying in the State of J&K
- HQ Western Command (A Brnach), Chandimandir, Pin-134107. For students studying in states of Punjab, Himachal Pradesh, Haryana, Delhi and Chandigarh.
- HQ South Western Command (A Branch), Jaipur (Rajasthan), Pin-302012. For students studying in the state of Rajasthan.
- HQ Southern Command (A Branch), Pune (Maharasthra), Pin-411001. For studying in the states of Gujarat, Maharashtra, Andhra Pradesh, Karnatak, Goa, Tamil Nadu, Daman, Diu, Dadra, Nagar Haveli, Pondicherry, Lakshadweep and Kerala.
- HQ Eastern Command (A Branch), Kolkata (West Bengal), Pin-700021. For students studying in the states of West Bengal, Sikkim, Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, Nagaland, Manipur, Tripura, Meghalaya, Mizoram and Andaman and Nicobar.
- HQ Central Command (A Branch), Lucknow (UP), Pin-226002. For students studying in the states of Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Bihar, Orissa, Uttarakhand, Jharkhand and Chhatisgarh .
Last Date : Last date of receipt of application : 31st July, 2009.
Further detail regarding this entry scheme can be seen at http://www.joinindianarmy.nic.in and at http://indianarmy.nic.in For complete advertisement, kindly see Employment news weekly dated 20/06/2009. Application Form is available at http://indianarmy.nic.in/form.pdf