INDIAN AIR FORCE (IAF)
Indian Air Force (IAF) invites applications from unmarried male candidates for selection test in November 2009 to join as Airman in Group ‘X’ (Technical) Trades.
- Qualification : Candidates should have passed Intermediate/10+2/ with pass marks in Mathematics and Physics with a minimum of 50% marks in overall aggregate. OR Three years Diploma in Engineering (Mechanical/Electrical/Electronics/Automobile / Computer science / Instrumentation Technology) from a Government recognised Polytechnic / Institute with at least 50% marks.
- Age : 17 to 22 Years. Born between 01 January 1989 and 28 February 1993 (both date inclusive)
- Medical Standards : Height :Minimum acceptable height : 152.5 cm, Chest : Minimum range of expansion : 5 cm, Vision : 6/36 each eye., Correctable with spectacles : at least 6/9 each eye., Diopteric power : not exceeding +3.5
- Training : Initial Joint Basic Phase Training (JBPT) will be provided at Airmen Training School, Belgaum (Karnataka) for 12 weeks. After it Trade Training will be provided.
- Selection Procedure : Written Test : Test will be held during November 2009. Physical Fitness Test (PFT) : those who pass written test will undertake Physical Fitness Test. It consist of 1.6 Km run to be completed in 8 min., Interview : Those who pass both the written and PFT will be called for interview.
How to Apply : candidate must indicate three choices of the examination centre in order of preference. Application form which is predefined should be typed on A4 size paper only. Last date for receipt of applications at the Central Airmen Selection Board is 22/07/2009. Last date for candidates of far flung areas is 31/07/2009. Application should be sent to :
Central Airmen Selection Board
Post Box No. 11807, New Delhi – 110010